At DriveNow we've been comparing prices on Perth car rental for more than 16 years, our fully automated booking system allows you to compare rates from the widest choice of Australia’s most trusted car rental brands.
Find the cheapest deals on car hire in Perth quickly and easily from companies such as Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Hertz, Budget, Keddy, Firefly, Europcar, Enterprise and Thrifty.
How to Rent a Car in Perth
Ready to secure your car hire in Perth and pocket the savings?
Booking online is hassle-free. Specify your dates of travel and desired pickup location, select from a wide selection of Perth car hire providers, and confirm your rental to lock in the best available rate. Once you’re done, DriveNow will email you an instant booking confirmation direct to your inbox. If you prefer to pick up a vehicle at the airport, check our Perth Airport rental page.
- Trust & Experience - We've been comparing the cost of car hire in Perth since 2003
- Australian owned - Unlike some of the competition we are 100% Australian owned and operated, based in Melbourne
- Free Service - There are no booking or administration charges
- Lowest Price Guarantee - Our price promise guarantees the lowest available rate
- Quick and Easy - 3 step booking process with instant confirmation
- Best of breed - We only work with trusted brands
Driving tips for you and your car hire in Perth
Perth is a great city to use as a base for exploring some of Western Australia’s best attractions. Whether you’re an Aussie or a first time visitor, it’s always good to know what to expect when driving in on new turf. Here are a few driving tips to keep you and your Perth rental car on the straight and narrow.
- Australia is a giant country, and driving to Perth from cities like Sydney or Melbourne could take up a sizeable chunk of your trip! The most popular option for self-drive travellers is to fly into Perth Airport and pick up your hire car there. Then if you wish to travel other cities afterwards, just hop on an internal flight and book a new vehicle in your next destination.
- To drive in Western Australia you must have a valid driver’s license and carry it with you at all times when driving. If your license is written in any language other than English, make sure to translate it into English before picking up your vehicle.
- Parking in the centre of Perth is fairly expensive, and the time restrictions on your length of parking stay are shorter than many other cities. If you are planning on staying in an apartment or hotel in Perth, check whether your accommodation includes free parking, as this could make your life a lot easier! If you need to park elsewhere in the CBD for longer than a few hours, look for multi storey car parks as they come with less time restrictions.