Car Hire at Naples Airport - Capodichino
Find all the latest car hire deals for Naples Airport (NAP) from Italy's most trusted rental brands.
DriveNow offers travellers a free comparison & booking service with no fees or cancellation charges on car hire at Naples Airport.
When it comes to historic cities, few come as close as Naples. Sitting on the western coast of Italy - neighbouring the Tyrrhenian Sea, Napoli is the biggest urban hub in southern Italy and as such is the gateway to a large proportion of the country.
Located 6km northeast of the central city in the suburb of Capodichino, Naples Airport offers some great views when coming into land with backdrops of Mount Vesuvius of Pompeii fame and the Gulf of Naples.
After touching down, make your way to the car rental desk at the arrival terminal with your DriveNow booking confirmation and hit the road in style. With a wide choice of great vehicles from Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT, DriveNow offers the most cost-effective way of renting a car at Naples Airport.
Why Use DriveNow to book car hire at Naples Airport?
- Trusted Suppliers - Our partners in Italy are brands you know and trust
- Price - We always search for the latest and cheapest available rental rate
- Confirmation - Immediate email confirmation and locked in rental rate
- Booking Direct - Booking is made directly with the rental provider
- Trust and Experience - DriveNow has been comparing rental pricing since 2003
- Need Help? - Speak to a local. Our Reservations team are there to help and all based in Australia
Where to drive in Naples?
To fully appreciate modern Naples, it's important to take a look at the history books. The regional land around Naples has been inhabited since the Neolithic period with local artefacts and fossils found dating back tens of thousands of years.
Moving forward, Naples has been home to many groups including the Greeks, Romans, Germans, French before finally Italians - each contributing to the myriad of vast archaeological and architectural treasures, palaces, castles and churches which dot the landscape.
From every angle, Naples is a city that wants to impress. Whether you enjoy a freshly cooked meal pulled right from the sea, exploring the rich volcanic lands or simply experience the serenity of an ancient landmark - it's fair to say Naples is a true world icon.
Naples features a wonderful insight into renaissance and medieval times - combining well with more modern infrastructure. If you are visiting the city for the first time, some recommended highlights include:
- Cappella Sansevero - a chapel on Via Francesco de Sanctis in the historic city centre with 18th century artwork from leading Italian artists
- The Naples National Archaeological Museum
- Teatro di San Carlo – Naples’ world famous opera house
- Museo di Capodimonte Art museum - located in the Palace of Capodimonte
- The Palazzo Zevallos Stigliano - a Baroque palace located in the San Ferdinando district of central Naples
When it comes to exploring further afield, make the most of your rental car and head out of Naples to visit:
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii - Most of us have seen and heard about Pompeii, a city that was frozen in time after an eruption from Mt Vesuvius in A.D. 79. To this day, it is possible to explore the ash-covered town and learn about this tragic event. Pompeii is a pleasant half hour drive south on the A3 from Naples.
- Caserta - Situated 40 minutes north of Naples is Caserta - a quaint city in the heart of the Campania region. The main attraction here is the Royal Palace at Caserta which is sometimes referred to as the Italian Versailles. The palace also provides outstanding views so remember to take your camera, phone, iPad or tablet.
To learn more about renting a car from Naples Airport get in touch with the expert team at DriveNow today or book online.